As an independent fee-only firm, TFA has the vast universe of investments to choose from. We do not sell proprietary products, nor are we compensated or incentivized to use particular mutual funds, ETFs, stocks or annuities. At the core of our investment philosophy, we believe the following:
- Securities are fairly priced in liquid and competitive markets
- Investors cannot consistently ‘time’ the market to enhance returns
- Lower cost investments have a smaller hurdle to produce outperformance
- Diversification and periodic rebalancing are essential, and will help reduce risk in a portfolio
- All investments involve some degree of risk
Our Investment Committee diligently reviews mutual funds and ETFs to meet the needs of our clients. In the spirit of offering a full lineup of investment opportunities, TFA is proud to be one of the select firms to offer our client’s access to Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA). Managing approximately $415 billion for investors worldwide, DFA is a leader in putting financial science to work. Since 1981, DFA has helped investors pursue dimensions of higher expected returns through advanced portfolio design, management, and trading. Their leadership consists of many academics at major universities, as well as previous winners of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics.